What an amazing four days for Syniverse at Mobile World Congress Barcelona last week! We made a number of big announcements on 5G that will propel the industry to move 5G from a technical capability to a commercial reality this year. We also made a number of announcements on partnerships that will boost how the market addresses the internet of things (IoT).
Here’s a quick look at the highlights we announced and what the media had to say about the news.
One of the high points of our week was the announcement of a major study on a technology that filled the show floor – 5G. To prepare for this evolution, we commissioned a study with Heavy Reading to look at how mobile operators will begin to make use of 5G and how these services will play a part in operators’ business models.
Check out the findings in our new report: “How the 5G ecosystem will pay for itself.” We’re excited about further diving into the data and sharing more on our findings this year, and about building on the positive media buzz we’ve gotten so far, which can you can check out further below.
New Partnerships and Services
You can also see below some media coverage highlights from some of the other high points of our week, which included a string of announcements made for MWC Barcelona:
- Ruckus Networks and Federated Wireless partnership – We’re joining forces with these two mobile leaders to transform the capability for using local wireless networks through the use of private LTE solutions that use the Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) spectrum.
- Tata Communications partnership – We’re collaborating on the first IPX network interconnection partnership, which will pave the way for a new wave of 5G and IoT services.
- CloudMinds Technology partnership – We’re excited about this partnership and the new offerings that we’re developing for cloud-based artificial intelligence (AI) and robotic services for use by enterprises.
- 5G signaling service – Our newest 5G service enables mobile operators and brands to take first steps with 5G roaming and accessing next-generation 5G services, like the internet of things (IoT) and AI.
- Open Connectivity Complete – Our new roaming hub offers operators full 5G operability and instant access to comprehensive worldwide coverage.
Check out what the media is saying about these announcements below. We’re looking forward to building on this momentum and continuing to help customers on their journey in taking on the rapidly growing challenges of today’s age of digital transformation. Stay tuned for more updates on this journey here on Synergy.
Media’s Take on Syniverse MWC Barcelona News
- The Fast Mode: “Operators Banking on Enterprise 5G Opportunities to Drive New Revenues, says Syniverse”
- ITProPortal: “5G may not see full benefits for some time”
- Mobile Europe & European Communications: “Operators are not ready to exploit 5G opportunities”
5G Signaling Service
- Mobile World Live: “Sending the Right Signals”
- Ruckus Networks and Federated Wireless Private LTE Solution
- RCR Wireless: “Syniverse, Ruckus, Federated Wireless join forces on private LTE”
- Light Reading: “Tech Trio Teams on CBRS-Based Private LTE Network Setup”
- Multichannel News: “MWC: Ruckus Partners with Federated Wireless and Syniverse for Commercial CBRS Networks”
Tata IPX Network Interconnection Agreement
- Telecoms.com: “Syniverse says Tata to the IPX blues“
- Capacity Media: “Tata Communications and Syniverse target 800 telcos with IPX network deal“
- Total Telecom: “Tata and Syniverse combine to create world’s first 5G ready IPX network interconnection”
Open Connectivity Complete Roaming Hub
- Mobile World Live: “Syniverse launches 5G roaming hub”