In just a few short years, blockchain has taken the technology world by storm. This new technology promises to transform the speed, ease, and security of the way we process transactions.
Syniverse just took a major step forward in this area and earned some solid media coverage to attest to it. We announced a proof of concept with IBM, Orange, and MTS that is built on a joint solution with IBM and uses blockchain to instantly validate new wholesale billing and charging processes for clearing and settlement services. Our first phase included the successful testing of a pilot, and we’re now continuing to work together to bring this solution to market with other mobile operators, as well as on other use cases using the same technology.
The solution is one of several steps we’re taking to expand our services with this technology, and it’s generated a lot of positive media buzz so far, which I invite you to check out a sampling of below.
The world is still in the relative early days of blockchain, and we’re looking forward to continuing our collaboration with IBM to build on our momentum and help businesses tap the power of this powerful new technology. Stay tuned for more on these efforts soon right here on the Syniverse Blog.
Syniverse-IBM Blockchain Solution Media Highlights
- Bitcoin Exchange Guide: “Syniverse and IBM to Launch Pilot Testing Program for Blockchain-driven Mobile Roaming Solution”
- The Bitcoin News: “IBM and Syniverse Complete Blockchain-Based Pilot”
- Capacity: “Orange and MTS in successful trial of IBM/Syniverse blockchain wholesale system”
- The Crypto Report: “Syniverse, IBM complete blockchain solution pilot with Orange and MTS”
- The Fast Mode: “Syniverse, IBM Complete Blockchain Pilot for Mobile Roaming with Orange Group and MTS”
- IoT Now: “Blockchain billing pilot project with Orange Group and MTS proves a success, say Syniverse and IBM”
- Ledger Insights: “Syniverse, IBM pilot blockchain telecoms roaming solution with Orange”
- TelecomLead: “Orange and MTS conduct blockchain technology trials”
- Total Telecom: “Syniverse teams up with IBM, Orange and MTS on blockchain pilot”
Kevin Petschow is Senior Director of Public and Analyst Relations and works at Syniverse’s headquarters in Tampa, Florida.