The internet of things is big, getting bigger, and bringing almost unlimited possibilities as well as new risks. These risks represent one area in particular that Syniverse has been helping customers to address, and just a few weeks ago, our effort culminated in the release of our newest cybersecurity solution – Syniverse Secure Global Access – and a lot of positive media buzz about it.
The solution provides a private, isolated global network that enables businesses to protect their data in an age of digital transformation when the IoT and other technologies are creating greater levels of risk on the public internet. In just the last few years, in fact, the public internet has seen calamities like distributed denial of service attacks on a scale not able to even be imagined until recently, attacks that have taken down business web servers worldwide and hit some of the largest banks, retailers, media companies, social networks and news outlets. Syniverse Secure Global Access offers a network entirely isolated from the public internet that enables businesses a full-scale solution that avoids these threats.
We’re encouraged by the initial media coverage we’ve received on this so far, which I invite you to check out a sampling of below. We look forward to building on this momentum this year and continuing to help customers take on the rapidly increasing risks of today’s age of digital transformation. To learn more, visit the Syniverse Secure Global Access webpage.
Syniverse Secure Global Access Media Coverage Highlights
- Light Reading: “IoT Security Is Next Chapter for Syniverse”
- Total Telecom: “Syniverse beefs up IoT security offering with launch of its global private network”
- RCR Wireless: “Syniverse launches secure network service aimed at MNOs for IoT, enterprise”
- The Fast Mode: “Syniverse Launches Global Private Network for Secure IoT Connectivity”
- IoT Business News: “Syniverse Launches Global Private Network Dedicated to Securing IoT”
- Computer Business Review: “Syniverse Launches Private IPv6-Based Network”
- IoT Evolution: “Synching Up A More Secure IoT, Syniverse Launches Single Focus Global Network”
- Help Net Security: “Syniverse launches global private network”
- IoT Innovator: “Syniverse Secure Global Access enhances reliability to provide critical security as a private network isolated from the public internet”
- Telecom Paper: “Syniverse launches global private network dedicated to securing IoT”
- IoT Tech News: “Syniverse aims to offer secured connectivity to worldwide mobile operators”
Kathiravan is a Vice President of Product Management in the Carrier Business Unit of Syniverse. He is responsible for the management and growth of products that form Syniverse’s IoT and Private Wireless pillars. These ‘Next Generation Solutions’ drive the development of emerging connectivity products, such as Global SIM & eSIM, Private LTE, Sponsored Roaming, Open Connectivity Complete and Secure Global Access, and combine them in seamless ways to support various IoT use cases.
Kathiravan has been in the telecommunications industry for over 20 years and has been deployed around the world to deliver products and services, specializing in new product introduction. He has a bachelor’s degree in computing (Hons) from University of Portsmouth, UK, and has been PMP certified since 2009.