Message from Dean Douglas, Syniverse President and CEO
I would like to take this opportunity to update you on our global operations during the COVID-19 pandemic and to assure you that Syniverse remains committed to supporting your business and providing continuity of service.
We take seriously the responsibility that comes with our customers entrusting us as the leading company to connect mobile operator networks with each other across the globe.
This mission-critical connectivity is more vital now than ever to you, your employees and your customers – hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, first responders, government agencies, supermarkets and many others delivering critical services. It’s even more vital during a worldwide health crisis that is challenging everyone. Syniverse considers it our top priority to do everything we can to keep you and our customers and partners fully connected.
Below are some ways we’re doing this by working to respond to our customers, partners and employees. Above all, we remain confident in our ability to continue providing business-as-usual service throughout this period without delay or interruption, and we will continue to update you when appropriate.
Customer Support and Business Operations
Syniverse operates under a comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plan, which includes a full pandemic plan and appropriate contingency plans for all aspects of our business, including service continuity. In adherence with this, we continue to deliver our services while also assisting governmental authorities and public health officials in controlling the spread of the outbreak:
- Business Impact - To date, the outbreak has had no direct impact at any of our offices or operations around the world. At the same time, there also has been no direct impact on our suppliers or service provision chain.
- Continuous Monitoring - We continue to closely monitor the spread of COVID-19 across the globe, using our local offices as well as our third-party risk-management specialists, and we will continue to adjust our actions accordingly as the situation evolves.
- Continuity and Recovery - As part of our normal operating procedures, Syniverse maintains location continuity and recovery facilities across multiple regions, including multi-phase fallback scenarios and escalation procedures.
- 24/7 Online Business Services - Our online services continue to be available 24/7 and include a range of online tools to provide visibility into your business. These include MySyniverse for standard business intelligence reports, Analyzer for more detailed view on TAP and SMS-A2P traffic, Symphony for data clearing, fraud, and NRTDE needs, Total Visibility for SS7, Diameter and GTP signaling for networking, or One1Clear for financial clearing transparency. These are available every day of the week, 24 hours a day, and allow you to continue to manage your business at any time.
- Text Messaging Capacity - Our systems are fully prepared to handle an extreme spike in text messaging volume that may occur during this crisis. At holiday periods, we routinely experience volumes that reach levels up to 10 times the number of messages that we normally process.
- Customer Service Contact - Our customer service specialists are also available 24/7, every day of the week, and can be reached several ways:
- MySyniverse customer service ticketing tool:
- Phone: +1-813-233-7860 (USA); 1-800-892-2888 (international)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees and Local Offices
As a global company, we’ve been monitoring and managing each Syniverse office on a case-by-case basis and will continue to do so daily in accordance with our business continuity plan. In line with this, some of the actions we have taken include the following:
- International Travel - We have restricted international business travel for employees.
- Domestic Travel - We have placed limits on domestic travel for employees where appropriate.
- Meetings - We have discouraged employee meetings with vendors that require travel.
- Events - We have, in general, canceled employee attendance at all large conventions, forums, conferences, and events that require travel.
- Work-at-Home Policy - While most of our offices around the world have continued business as usual, in some cases we have required employees in offices in certain affected areas to work from home for specified periods, in accordance with local and national policies.
- Work-at-Home Policy - In other cases we have encouraged employees in offices in differently affected areas to work at home for the next few weeks, again in accordance with local and national policies.
- Meeting Safeguards - For employees whose jobs cannot be done from home, including those who serve and interact with our customers, we have implemented additional safeguards to help protect their health and safety while at work and with anyone they come into contact with.
- Office Visitors - We have discouraged and, in some cases, prohibited visitors to some of our offices, and in those cases, we’ve arranged for alternative ways to meet that don’t require in-person contact.
- Office Sanitation - We have increased and intensified our cleaning and disinfecting efforts in all offices. In the event we should need to close an office and conduct any special cleaning, we have procedures in place and specialized vendors identified.
Experience and Expertise to Help in a Time of Crisis
Finding creative ways to help businesses manage their operations and stay connected is part of who we are. As your business needs change with this rapidly evolving pandemic, we’re prepared to use our skill and technology to help your business in every way we can.
For one, we have a long history and deep expertise in mobile messaging and connectivity that can help businesses maintain constant communication, through messages such as critical broadcast alerts to customers or two-way messages to confirm employees’ safety. What’s more, during a time when many employees around the globe will be working from home, we have a private, isolated network that can help protect businesses from their employees’ increased internet activity and the bad actors seeking to exploit this activity. Please let us know if we can be of assistance with any of these services.
Moving Forward Together
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected many people and countries around the world, upended the global economy, shut down many schools and some businesses, and greatly disrupted the rhythms of our personal lives.
As our company responds to this crisis, the health and safety of our employees and continuity of service for you and our customers remain a top priority.
We will continue to update you on our business as necessary. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or concerns.
CEO and President