In addition to giving back to our communities through our charity initiatives, Syniverse is committed to demonstrating environmental leadership in all of our business activities. As part of our efforts to strengthen our commitment to cleaner and more efficient operations, we have established specific focus areas for our sustainability program, and we continue to consider other areas in which we can improve our environmental impact. We are dedicated to building on the initiatives below to constantly improve the environmental performance of our operations and services.
Below are our current strategic goals and specific key performance indicators that we have developed to better evaluate our performance for our environmental sustainability focus areas.
Leadership and Employee Engagement
- Maintain leadership status in corporate carbon reporting and secure outstanding scores from CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project).
- Reduce Scope 3 emissions by helping employees decrease work-related vehicle miles traveled.
Energy Efficiency and Climate
- Maintain companywide carbon emissions (Scope 1 and 2) below 10 metric tons of carbon dioxide for each full-time employee.
- Maintain annual companywide carbon emissions below 31 grams per unit of revenue.
- Reduce Scope 2 carbon emissions at 15 percent below 2010 levels at energy-intensive facilities.
Waste Management and Resource Use
- Dedicate at least 5 percent of Syniverse’s annual companywide office supply budget to the purchase of environmentally preferable office products.
- Reduce the number of annual printer page impressions at 10 percent below 2013 baseline levels.
- Strengthen water-use-reporting capabilities throughout all company offices.
- Develop new intensity targets to monitor corporate water conservation.
Carbon Disclosure Project
In support of our commitment to sustainability, we are a participant with the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), a nonprofit organization and environmental reporting platform that evaluates how well companies and cities disclose and manage the risks and opportunities associated with climate change, water scarcity and resource use. Measuring our efficiency in such areas as greenhouse gas emissions, electricity usage and paper waste is an important part of monitoring progress toward our carbon-reduction goals, and each year Syniverse quantifies and reports energy consumption, water usage, and waste generation data by submitting a report to the CDP. Each of our annual CDP reports can be viewed on the CDP website.