On behalf of everyone at Syniverse, I hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and will continue to during a time almost unprecedented in recent history.
The past month has been among some of the most tumultuous and emotional that many of us have ever experienced. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has been felt by each of us, each of our families, and each of the companies and communities where we work around the world. Yet our response to this crisis has been extraordinary as much for what it has required from our society as for what it has revealed of us as a people.
It’s in this spirit that I want to assure all the many employees, customers, and partners we serve that we’re dedicated to keeping you connected and able to communicate and collaborate with others during these challenging times. We take seriously the responsibility that comes with being the world’s most connected company and being entrusted as a primary software and services provider for mobile operators and businesses across the globe. Providing mission-critical global connectivity is always vital to our customers that deliver essential services, such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, first responders, government agencies and supermarkets. Ensuring this connectivity is even more crucial during a worldwide health crisis that is challenging everyone.
Simply put, we at Syniverse consider it our duty to step up and do everything we can to keep our customers, partners and communities continuously connected. Here’s how.
Customer Services and Business Operations
Syniverse operates under a comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plan, which includes a pandemic plan and contingency plans for all aspects of our business, including service continuity for our customers and partners. We have been able to continue delivering our services while also assisting authorities and public health officials in controlling the spread of COVID-19.
Here are some specific examples:
- Business Impact-To date, the outbreak has had no major impact at any of our operations around the world. At the same time, there also has been no major impact on our suppliers or service provision chain.
- Continuous Monitoring-We continue to daily monitor the extent of COVID-19 across the globe and adjust our actions accordingly as the situation evolves.
- Continuity and Recovery Services-We maintain location continuity and recovery facilities across multiple regions, which include multi-phase fallback scenarios and escalation procedures, and this has enabled us to continue to provide normal and continuous service.
- 24/7 Online Services-Our online services continue to be available 24/7 and include a range of online systems to enable customers to have real-time visibility into their business and make immediate adjustments to their business operations as necessary.
- Text Messaging Capacity-Our systems are tested and prepared to handle any extreme spike in text messaging or other mobile services that may occur during this crisis. During holiday periods, we routinely experience volumes that reach levels up to 10 times as much as ordinary periods, and we routinely handle these sudden increases.
- Customer Service-Our customer service specialists are also available 24/7, every day of the week, and can be reached in several ways:
- Customer service ticketing tool: https://mysyniverse.syniverse.com/
- Phone: +1-813-233-7860 (USA); 1-800-892-2888 (international)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees and Office Operations
As a global company, we’ve based the guidelines for the health and safety of our employees and the offices where they work on those provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In parallel with this, we’ve been monitoring and managing each office on a case-by-case basis for many weeks now and will continue to do so daily in accordance with our business continuity plan. This has included and will continue to include local government and health official guidelines and our own local assessments of the situation, office by office, in order to determine the best course of action for the health of our employees first, and our business operations second.
This has included taking numerous steps:
- Prohibiting international business travel for employees.
- Placing strict limits on domestic travel for employees.
- Canceling employee attendance at all conferences and events that require travel.
- Closing our offices in areas severely affected by the coronavirus in order to support social distancing and minimize any unnecessary potential exposure to the virus, in accordance with the policies of the countries where we have a presence. In parallel with this, we have empowered employees in those areas to work from home for the near future.
- For those employees whose jobs cannot be done from home, implementing additional safeguards to help protect their health and safety at work and anyone they need to come into contact with.
- Increasing our disinfecting efforts in all offices. In the event we should need to close an office and conduct any special cleaning, we have emergency procedures in place, and vendors identified.
Moving Forward Together
Above all, we remain confident in our ability to continue providing continuous, reliable connectivity to all customers throughout this period without delay or disruption.
The work we do is critical to millions of people and companies around the world, and we’re committed to being there when our colleagues and customers need us most. Our world and communities will eventually recover, and when that happens, we want you to be connected by us with even greater pride because of the actions we took on behalf of everyone we serve.
We hope that all of you and your families stay safe and well.